Digital Youth Night begins streaming at 6:30pm.
(If you're here early, check out 5 Ways You Can Prepare for Digital Youth Night.)
Digital Youth Night
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:30pm. You can also stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 405-578-443
Philippins 4:4-9 & 11-13
2 Corinthians 4:8-11 & 14-18
1. What is COVID-19?
2. Why are people so scared?
3. What do I do if I'm scared?
4. What should I do as a Jesus follower?
1. How has the change in your daily life been? How are you feeling? What's going through your mind?
2. How would you rate your fear and anxiety levels in this time (on a scale from 1-10, 1 being low and 10 being high)? Is there anything in particular that's making you fearful and/or anxious?
3. Where do you go when you feel fear or anxiety? Prayer? Netflix? Music? Tik-Tok? Food? Scripture? GroupMe? Etc? Has anyone utilized some of the spiritual practices we've been talking about to help in this season? (Tip: set up a time this week for Silence & Solitude. Meditate on John 16:33 and/or Psalm 27.)
4. With seemingly so much free time on our hands now, what do you think God wants to do in this time? What do you think He wants from you and hopes for you?
5. Read Matthew 5:13-16 together. Aside from what Tyler said, what should we as followers of Jesus do in this time? How can we be salt and light to our family, friends, and community, especially while being home?
6. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in? (It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.) How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
7. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
Leaders: conclude Groups by reading Romans 15:13 to your students:
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (NIV)