Digital Youth Night is tonight!
We begin streaming at 6:00pm and go live at 6:30pm.
If you're here early:
and, if you'd like to catch up on the series we've been going through, Faith in an Anxious World, check out previous messages:
Digital Youth Night
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:00pm. Digital Youth Night will start at 6:30pm. You can stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account for Groups. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 405-578-443
Who's excited for Groups?!
A Tale of Two Hopeless Situations
One Top Priority
Stopping in Our Own Tracks
A Tale That's Closer to Home
Who's in Your Circle?
At times, our feelings of pressure and anxiety become more than we can handle on our own. God designed us to be part of groups and families who care, and at times to expand our circle to professional helpers. Reaching out to God and sharing honestly with others can keep us from facing anxiety alone.
1. Two weeks ago, you were challenged to have a conversation with a family member who handles stress or conflict well. Tell us one thing you learned from the person you spoke with. Was it easy or difficult to connect with someone in your family?
2. When you get focused on a goal or activity (like school, sports, or applying for college), what worries or pressures make it difficult to “stop in your tracks” and recognize when you need help?
3. Why is it hard to ask for help when we’re feeling low?
4. What are some of your fears about talking with a trusted adult or professional about your feelings?
The Daily Replay
1. Has anyone continued to use the Daily Replay since we last met? Tell us one thing that was helpful, and one thing that was hard about this prayer practice.
This week we’re going to focus the Daily Replay on giving ourselves an “emotional health check.” We’ll try it together now, but you can also use this as a tool throughout your week. You can follow the prayer’s five steps any time you want to spend some time listening to God and aren’t sure how.
Take a look at this week's Student Take-Home Sheet. Look at The Daily Replay, or the prayer of examen:
1. Become aware of God's presence. (Where has God been at work in my life this week?)
2. Review the day with gratitude. (Which conversations or encouraging words am I thankful for?)
3. Pay attention to your emotions. (Is there anything that is making me feel anxious or sad that I can talk with someone about?)
4. Forgive, and ask for forgiveness. (What forgiveness do I need to ask God for so that I can fully experience the gift of peace?)
5. Finally, look toward tomorrow. (What would I like to do differently tomorrow?)
Grow Your Circle
We need to get comfortable talking with our families about how we feel. Sit down with a parent this week and talk about who’s in your circle. Discuss who needs to be in your circle so that you don’t have to face your inner struggles alone. And most important, talk about how you both will work together and reach out for help if you ever feel like you’re dealing with more than you can handle.
REMEMBER: If you can’t talk to a parent, have this conversation with another trusted adult.
Closing Confession, Encouragement, and Prayer
1. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in? (It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.) How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
2. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
Thank you for joining us for Digital Youth Night. Be sure to stop by the website throughout the week. Also, utilize the Student Take-Home Sheet.
Join us next Monday night.
Love you, folks!