Tonight's the night:
We begin streaming at 6:00pm and go live at 6:30pm.
If you're here early:
check out last week's poem post Somehow; We Know Now
and, if you'd like to catch up on the series we've been going through, Faith in an Anxious World, check out previous messages:
Digital Youth Night
Tonight, we wrap up Faith in an Anxious World.
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:00pm. Digital Youth Night will start at 6:30pm. You can stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account for Groups. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 405-578-443
Who's excited for Groups?!
A Different Crowd
Growing in Jesus' Circle
Made in God's Image
Jesus doesn’t ask for perfection from His disciples. He asks for us to listen and trust as He works both in us and through us to help others. To experience God’s hope and share that hope with others, we can reflect on the reality that we are made in God’s image, we can re-center ourselves by spending time with God, and we can reconnect with our circle and our faith community.
Last week you were challenged to meet with a parent, talk about how you’re feeling, and discuss who should be in your circle so that you don’t have to face your inner struggles alone. And most important, you were challenged to talk together about how you both will work together if you ever feel like you’re dealing with more than you can handle.
1. Does anyone want to share how their conversation went? Which conversation topics did you find easy to talk about, and which were more challenging?
2. When you play a sport or a musical instrument, exercises such as drills or scales are an important part of your training. What practices do you do to keep your skills sharp in less busy seasons, so that you’re prepared when there’s a big game, or performance, or activity that you do?
3. Just as it is in sports, music, or other activities, we have to maintain practices and habits that help us keep growing, even in times when we don’t feel very anxious. How do you think the Daily Replay can help you remain steady as you go through your days and weeks ahead?
4. How have you seen God at work in you over the past few weeks? How are you growing in connection with God, and with your faith community?
5. What have you learned in our group over the past few weeks that a friend might need to hear?
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
From Matthew 6:9-13
Grow Your Circle
This week your challenge is to sit down and have a conversation with someone in our church community. As God’s followers, we are welcomed into a large circle of people just like us who want to follow Christ, let God transform their lives, worship together, and serve others. Getting to know people in this congregagtion will help you to know that you never have to handle struggles on your own.
REMEMBER: this person should be a trusted adult. And be sure to talk with your parents about who you will be meeting with beforehand.
Closing Confession, Encouragement, and Prayer
1. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in? (It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.) How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
2. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
Thank you for joining us for Digital Youth Night. Be sure to stop by the website throughout the week for the Weekly Video Challenge along with other encouraging posts.. Also, utilize the Student Take-Home Sheet.
Join us next Monday night.
Love you, folks!