Tonight's the night:
We begin streaming at 6:00pm and go live at 6:30pm.
If you're here early, check out this video on the Book of Acts from the Bible Project:
Digital Youth Night
Tonight, we return to our series on The Book of Acts.
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:00pm. Digital Youth Night will start at 6:30pm. You can stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
[ Link to YouTube video to be added by 06:00pm. ]
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account for Groups. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 405-578-443
Who's excited for Groups?!
Peter heals a crippled beggar (3:1-10)
Peter preaches in the Temple (3:11-26)
Peter and John before the Temple Council (4:1-22)
The believers pray for courage (4:23-31)
The church expands in the face of opposition.
1. What was the highlight of your week last week?
2. What is one thing that stood out to you from tonight's message?
3. Take a look at 1 Peter 1:3-9. Focusing on verses 6 and 7, how do you think Peter's words about trials relate to what he and John experienced in Acts 4? (Optional: look at 1 Peter 1:13-16 and 4:12-19, too.)
4. We know our calling as Jesus followers (Acts 1:8). We are to be witnesses of Jesus to the people in our lives and the world at large. Tyler challenged us to do two things: pray and act.
In closing prayer, ask God for boldness and His grace.
How, if at all, are you being a witness of Jesus to non-Christians in your community?
What way/s can you practically put your faith into action and be a witness in your community?
What's one practical you can act this week? Help each other come up with one way you can share your faith with a non-Christian this week.
Closing Confession, Encouragement, and Prayer
1. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in? (It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.) How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
2. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
Thank you for joining us for Digital Youth Night. Be sure to stop by the website throughout the week for the Weekly Video Challenge along with other encouraging posts.
Join us next Monday night.
Love you, folks!