Here we go!
Digital Youth Night begins streaming at 6:30pm.
Digital Youth Night
Pre-service Dinner: Join us on Zoom at 6:00pm for dinner. BYOD! (Bring Your Own Dinner!) The Meeting ID is 542-499-600.
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:30pm. (YouTube Live will go up before then.) You can also stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 405-578-443
Where is God when I feel anxious?
Jesus steps into the unsteady boat.
What's making your boat feel unsteady?
What is anxiety telling you? (Or, what might God be telling you through your anxiety?)
Look up. Look inside. Look around.
1. What’s your anxiety level like these days? Would you say it’s high, low, or somewhere in between?
2. Sometimes we’re very aware of how we’re feeling, but other times our feelings of anxiousness can fly under our radar. I have a list of the some of the most common triggers for stress and anxiety in young people. I wonder if anyone in our group would be surprised to find how many of the items on this list align with their own experiences.
Make a mental note how many are pressure points they’ve experienced personally:
Keeping up with classmates
Illness of a family member
Stories you hear in the news
Death of a family member or friend
Big family changes
Getting into college or deciding what to do after high school
Pleasing teachers or parents
Fear for personal safety
Emotional or physical abuse
Starting a new school
3. What are some of the physical feelings or symptoms you experience when you feel anxious?
4. Does anyone have a place they go or a strategy they try that helps them calm down those feelings of anxiety?
5. You may not have thought about it this way before, but what do you feel your anxiety might be trying to tell you?
6. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in? (It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.) How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
7. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
A Helpful Way to Pray
Some of the prayers we say and traditions that we practice as a church are not only acts of worship to God, but are also practices to help center and focus ourselves. In a sense, as we do them we invite God to come and meet us in our own unsteady boat.
Take a look at this week's Student Take-Home Sheet. Look at The Daily Replay, or the prayer of examen:
1. Become aware of God's presence.
2. Review the day with gratitude.
3. Pay attention to your emotions.
4. Forgive, and ask for forgiveness.
5. Finally, look toward tomorrow.
Thank you for joining us for Digital Youth Night. Be sure to stop by the website throughout the week for:
Weekly Video Challenge - Drops tomorrow
Zoom Lunches (HS: Wed @ 12pm 437-926-255 / MS: Thurs @ 12pm 746-169-016)
Also, utilize the Student Take-Home Sheet.
Join us next Monday night.
Love you, folks!