Youth Night is tonight, folks!
We begin streaming at 6:15pm and go live at 6:30pm.
Digital Youth Night
Tonight, we'll hear from Scott Treadway of Rancho Community Church as well as watch an interview with Gracie Saldaña.
1. Press Play on the YouTube Live video below. The stream will begin at 6:15pm. Digital Youth Night will start at 6:30pm. You can stream it on the YouTube app across all your devices.
2. When you finish the video, log into your Zoom account for Groups. Once logged in, click "Join." Then, type in our Meeting ID: 841 1652 1847 (Password 052976)
1. What was the highlight of your week last week?
2. What's one thing that you were challenged or encouraged by in Scott Treadway's message?
3. Scott said that we need peace partners. What do you think it looks like for you as a Jesus follower to partner with people of color in bringing peace to your community?
4. Scott reminded us, "We follow Jesus, the Son of God, who was unjustly murdered on the streets by authorities, in large part because He was an ethnic minority in the Roman Empire. As a powerless minority, it was easy to falsely accuse Jesus of a crime. The power of Rome murdered Jesus, an unarmed man in the streets of Jerusalem. That's who we follow."
5. Luke 12:48 says, "When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required." We largely are in a community of privilege. How can we as a youth ministry utilize that which has been given to us to bless those who have so little? (Namely a voice, rights, equality, etc.)
6. What's one thing that you were challenged or encouraged by in the interview with Gracie Saldaña?
7. What's one way you as a Jesus follower can support your friends of color?
Closing Confession, Encouragement, and Prayer
1. Read James 5:15 and 1 1 John 1:8-10 together. Are there any areas in your life that you're struggling to follow Jesus in?
It could be racism or prejudice or lack of empathy or ignorance.
It could be struggling to follow God in a certain area of your life, or, on the other end of the spectrum, it could be struggling to even want to follow God in a part of your life.
How about sin? Is there anything you’d like to share and confess with the group?
2. How can we be praying for you this week? (Leaders: assign each person to pray for a specific person.) Later in the week, text or call (even better) that person to encourage them and to let them know that you're praying for them.
This is Grace.
Going forward, we as a group will support Grace, a 5 year old girl from Chad in West Africa. Click here for ways you can help support and pray for her.
Together, we have the opportunity to give generously to others in response to how Jesus has so generously given His life to us.
Thank you for joining us for Digital Youth Night. Be sure to stop by the website throughout the week for the Weekly Video Challenge along with other encouraging posts.
We're back next Monday night.
Continuing in Acts.
Senior Stories Parts 3 & 4.
Love you, folks!